0

Halloween! According to the Bird

Happy Halloween everyone!

Here's the costumes for this year! Me first.



I (Birdie) was Alphonse Elric! From Fullmetal Alchemist.



Pearl was a Supercute Dragon/Dinosaur/Ribbon Dancer



Henry was a Skeleton (for the fourth year in a row!). He is showing you his rock.



Yahyah was Dark Manga/Anime fighter or something (With a real sword of her Mama's!)


This is Dadguy. He isn't anything in particular. . . I don't think. . .


It's pretty awesome. I love Fullmetal Alchemist, Yahyah loves Manga, Pearl loves Dragons and anything cute, and frankly Henry won't be anything other than a skeleton, so it all worked out!

We carved our pumpkins on Tuesday, and we decorated the first day of October. Tonight's going to be a blast!

I will explain to you each of our costumes.

My costume was the toughest. Realistically, we started a month ago (put together the helmet) a month or two ago, but it was only for the past two weeks that we were really scrambling and working to get it done. The shoulders/body armor was the hardest thing to work on, made out of cardboard and posterboard, and paper spikes paper mache-ed on to it. The collar is a long sturdy strip of cardboard duct-taped on to the original two pieces, which were both pieces of super-strong cardboard that we got from the packaging for Henry's new chest of drawers. The sides of the armor is fabric/foam from a Beer Keg costume of all things. (We spray-painted over the Beer Keg label.) The shoulder pads are a giant foam sphere that we got from Hobby Lobby and cut in half, then put elastic on that is held on with screws and duct tape. The Mama had gray boots that we just put silver fabric/foam (also from the Beer Keg) over to make it look better. The gauntlets are two two-liter soda bottles cut to fit my arms with duct-tape sleeves and paper mache spikes. The helmet is completely paper mache, one of those little construction flag thingies (used to propel the ponytail into the air) and a load of white ribbon. The loincloth is just two panels of light-blue fabric that we tucked into my pants. My Grandpa got me fuzzy black gloves from the dollar store! They were perfect. I had a toy cat that I used as an accessory because Alphonse loves cats. I wore black leggings and a black sweater underneath the whole thing. It came together so nicely and I love it soooo much! I can't wait to go trick-or-treating with my cousin, who is going to be Alphonse's older brother, Edward Elric. Alphonse is one of my favorite characters. 

Pearl's costume was fairly easy. We went to the Thrift store looking for bits we could use for my costume and we found a jacket that someone had glued cardboard spikes to, and Pearl loved it. She wore a green dress and orange leggings underneath that, and the boot covers were of Mama's design.

Yahyah wore a hat that she loves, white leggings, her "Manga" boots, an "I love New York" shirt, a cut up sock (her arm thingie to go with her cast) and a little black Halloween skirt we've had for years. Mama had a sword that she loved, so she gets to tote that around and be a Dark Fighter Girl or something. I don't think even Yahyah knows what she is.

Henry's costume is store-bought, but the gloves are ours. Who doesn't like those old glow-in-the-dark skeleton gloves? No one, as of yet.

I think my Dad's costume is pretty much self-explanatory.

The Mama was a witch/crazy woman, but we don't have any pictures.

This Halloween was AWESOME!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top